Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Maybe Soon-To-Be-In-Laws

So, it's that magical time again. I get to have a dinner with the girlfriend's parents and grandmother. The father is a cop, the mother hates me, and the grandmother seems to like me, so it's always interesting. That's why I bring bribes. A bottle of wine and some flowers for the matron, and we're good to go. They tend to interrogate me, so that's fun. But, I gotta learn to take it on the chin.

Depending on how well it goes, there may be an AAR.

Des

2 comments:

  1. If I can be so bold. If her mother hates you, do NOT get married. Buy another AR15 instead.

    Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to have an AR15 in the first place to have another.

    Her dad is alright with me, though. That's something.

    ReplyDelete